Dictionary selection/navigation: swipe left/right in pop-up

etm001

状元
Hi,

In the pop-up definition window, consider supporting left/right swipe to navigate to the previous/next dictionary. (I realize you can long-press to bring up the list of dictionaries).

Also, in flashcards consider supporting long-press on @ to display the dictionary list (long-pressing on my iPad3 does nothing).

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We actually already added support for long-pressing @ in 3.2.

Swipe I'm a little wary of because it's hard to trigger in a window that small - we do need a better way to navigate between dictionaries in that popup, though.

Taichi

榜眼
How about just concat all the results in popup just like search results? Is that area too small for most phones?

Or single tap in the popup can open the full screen result so that user can quicky see the detailed result, although user can't see the context.
Maybe full screen results can show the context (i.e. the sentence containing the word) if it's comming from popup just like a user dictionary entry, and even allow user to add the sentence to user dictionary as an example.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's an awkward size for scrolling up/down too, honestly. Tapping or double-tapping the popup to bring up a full-screen definition is definitely on our to-do list, though.