Description of demo versions of add-ons?

character

状元
Is there a web page describing the differences between Pleco for iOS demo add-ons and their paid counterparts? I finally have my entire class using Pleco,* but I've never used the demo versions of add-ons and don't know what to tell people when they ask. There's no easy access to wifi at the school for the folks with iPods Touch and iPads who are asking.

* Achievement Unlocked :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
character said:
Is there a web page describing the differences between Pleco for iOS demo add-ons and their paid counterparts? I finally have my entire class using Pleco,* but I've never used the demo versions of add-ons and don't know what to tell people when they ask. There's no easy access to wifi at the school for the folks with iPods Touch and iPads who are asking.

No, but there probably should be. The "Add-ons" tab usually says something about an individual add-on's demo, but briefly:

• Handwriting: you can write something and see if it recognized it, but you can't then enter those recognized characters in the dictionary or copy them anywhere else.
  • OCR: you can see Pinyin for words but no definitions, and you can't copy what you've recognized anywhere else.
  • Reader: basic system only works with text brought in from the clipboard and doesn't support text files / web pages / lyrics.
  • Flashcards: no demo version at the moment.
  • Stroke order: can view stroke order for a random selection of a few dozen characters (it'll pick one and display it in the Stroke screen), no support at all for looking up character components.
  • Audio: single-syllable words only.
  • Dictionaries: generally only include the first few thousand entries ('a' and 'b' ones).