Dell Axim Battery Problem

Why does my battery keep draining even after I turn it off?

I had set it on dim after 2 minutes. Then it turns off automatically after 5 minutes. The next day and a half, I turn it back on it's at 6% battery left?!

What do I need to do to stop the battery from draining?!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not sure - is there any chance the WiFi might be staying on while the screen is off? That could easily drain the battery in a day and a half. Or the battery could be screwed up in some way - might want to call Dell tech support, if they don't know what's causing it they should at least be willing to send you a replacement battery.

sfrrr

状元
Another possibility is that you're running a program with a memory leak. Unfortunately, those programs are fairly common. What else do you have installed on your handheld?

Sandra

I had wireless turned off, but I was trying out a bunch of programs. I uninstalled most of them, except pleco and it appears the problem is gone! So maybe memory leak was the issue!! Thank you guys!

sfrrr

状元
chaorendaifu said:
I had wireless turned off, but I was trying out a bunch of programs. I uninstalled most of them, except pleco and it appears the problem is gone! So maybe memory leak was the issue!! Thank you guys!

Glad you solved your problem.

Sandra