Chinese Charakter on my Palm Desktop

3x13

秀才
Hello,

I've bought a Palm T|X with english OS and activated CJKOS. Works fine, I've created a lot of Entries (Calendar, Adresses) in chinese.

But: If I hotsync the entries to Palm Desktop (Win2k), I only see strange signs like "±¦À¶". I've installed chinese charakter support to windows, so I can read and write chinese. Works fine, but not with the Palm Desktop. :(

Any Ideas?

marchey

It think it is the encoding. On the PC it is UTF-8 on the Palm probably GB. I have the same problem over here, or rather the reverse. When I copy/past text in chinese into memo (PC-side) and then synchronise with the Palm is is unreadable on my palm. I have to convert first. I use DimSum for this. So my procedure is:

1. Starting from a text e.g. somewhere on a website.

2. I copy+past this into DimSum

3. Change the encoding

4. Copy+Paste into memo (the text is unreadable now looks like this: Õ⼸Ìì²î²»¶àÿÌ

5. Synchronise

It is ok now...

I would like to have a better solution for this problem...

Jim

榜眼
Most likely you can solve the problem by opening Control Panel then Regional and Language Options, click on the advanced tab then set the language for non-unicode programs to whichever Chinese version you prefer.

If this doesn't solve it post here again and someone brighter than I can probably help you out.

3x13

秀才
Thanks for the answers.

I would prefer a no-copy-transform-paste solution. :)

In my "Advanced Language Options" is every option containing "Chinese" checked (was already checked). I tried now to switch CJKOS to BIG5 (displaying GB to see the modern Chinese) but the problem is still the same.

I never tried synchronising docs before, so I now installed the docs-to-go desktop-tool, that seems to be worse, because worddocs, created in chinese on my palm, are broken after a hotsync *as well on the palm as on my desktop*. :-(

Same with my (exported) Pleco-flashcards.

Any more ideas?

Jim

榜眼
Are you using Windows XP? Above the Code Page Conversion Tables where you check off the various languages there should be a drop down menu for selecting the Language for non-Unicode programs. This is where you need to select Chinese (PRC) or Chinese (Taiwan).

3x13

秀才
Hey Jim,

no, I'm using Windows 2000 Professional. Can't switch to XP, my Laptop is too old for that. :(