Cantonese Flashcards (And Question re: Testing Issues)

Hi all,

Attached below are some elementary-level cantonese flashcards (with corresponding english and mandarin definitions). Please note, it's a work in progress, and not all translations are finished yet.

After a prelim flashcard test, I've come across a major problem with the list: only 2 flashcards are selected for review (specifically, 啲 and 吖). No matter what settings are changed, no other flashcards are ever selected.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue and get the other cards to display?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide!

Attachments

• Cantonese Book.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 826

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Anyway, Cantonese isn't supported for flashcards yet - the design of the flashcard system is such that we can't add it without a major database format update and that won't happen until early next year. However, we do support a little hack to let you insert whatever text you want in the pronunciation field of a flashcard; simply prefix that field with a @ (so it would be a @cheung kei1 instead of just cheung kei) and it won't try to parse it as Pinyin but will simply show it verbatim during the test.

What type of test was this? The problem probably related to Pleco rejecting most of those cards because they were missing Pinyin, but if you let me know the test type I can let you know about that for sure.