Buy pleco addons in china

bokn

Hi there!

Tomorrow I'm going to buy a HTC One V (in germany) and install pleco on it. (By the way, the only reason why I'm going to buy it is pleco!) In two months I'll go to china for one year. After changing the SIM card (german->chinese), will I have access to the Android Market / Play in order to buy pleco-related upgrades like ABC dictionaries etc.?
If not and I buy and install everything in germany and for some reason I had to reinstall the whole device (in china) - I wouldn't have the chance to reinstall pleco over the Android Market, right?
What should I do?
If the answers are obvious I'm sorry - it will be my first smartphone, my first contact with Android and my first contact with the great firewall.

Thanks,
Boris

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
bokn said:
Tomorrow I'm going to buy a HTC One V (in germany) and install pleco on it. (By the way, the only reason why I'm going to buy it is pleco!) In two months I'll go to china for one year. After changing the SIM card (german->chinese), will I have access to the Android Market / Play in order to buy pleco-related upgrades like ABC dictionaries etc.?

No, but you can buy them through our online store.

bokn said:
If not and I buy and install everything in germany and for some reason I had to reinstall the whole device (in china) - I wouldn't have the chance to reinstall pleco over the Android Market, right?

Generally not, but if you find yourself in that situation, write to us and we can look up your old order (Google Checkout doesn't anonymize them like iTunes does) and send you a Registration ID to reactivate it independent of Google's system.