BliuBliu review

It is a n+1 word reading website to learn languages.

Does it help you studying Chinese? What do you think about the Chinese version of their website.

A

abdrifter

It is a n+1 word reading website to learn languages.

Does it help you studying Chinese? What do you think about the Chinese version of their website.
Reminds me of lingq.com. The Chinese version is buggy (gave me a lot of traditional instead of simplified) IMHO, being already provided with Pleco reader, all we ever need is a whole lot of n+1 reading material. Just where to get it, boo-hoo... :(

Thanks for sharing. I think BliuBliu is ramping up fast its Chinese offering. The distinction between Traditional and Simplified is apparently being implemented, I'll be looking forward to using it.

I'll have a look at lingQ then :)

Bliu Bliu

hi Guys
we are working on the Chinese version right now. The traditional simplified issue is simpler than it looks.
I switched today quite many sources. One of the point of Bliu Bliu is that we can offer a alpha version of the system without knowing the langage we provide but for sure, from alpha we want to move quite fast to beta and to a solid stable version

I moved more than 1000 texts from Simplified to Traditional, it should look better today

Claudio

Thanks Claudio. :)
It's really exciting that you're working on improving the Chinese version on the website, there's definitely room for improvement.

I'll keep going back to BliuBliu as this is a great concept to help learning words.

Keep it up! :)

Good question.
From what I can read about it online (link 1, and link 2) you could use existing database such as Unihan. I haven't tried it myself though.

Another way to do t would be to use the CC dictionary (here) and break down the entries in monograms, as suggested in link 2.

You could also look into web converters (from Simplified to Traditional and vice-versa) such as this one. This wouldn't tell you whether the string is in Trad or Simpl but would convert it if it was put in the wrong field.

I'm sure any of this could be done with a good script, to split your mixed Chinese database into Trad/Simpl.