Basic used handheld for Pleco 2?

fourwinds

It seems that there are changes in the air, so I'm asking for current advice... What would people's current recommendations be for a low cost handheld for a new Pleco user, suitable to run P2 when it comes out?

If I look at used models what would be current good buys?
I saw a Palm Zire 72 special edition recently, would that be suitable or could I do better? (What's "special" about the special edition, btw?)
Also, if I buy a used model, are there any particular weaknesses or pitfalls to look out for?
e.g. battery. If a used Palm has a worn out battery, is it easy to get a replacement?

Desirable other features for me would be MP3 player and voice recorder.

(Then I'll have the dictionary I need, and use it until such time as an iPhone version becomes available.)

thanks in advance for any advice!

fourwinds

Thanks! I don't think I was quite clear - I don't need phone functionality. (I've decided to hold on to my trusty Nokia 6108 for now. )

I just want something to run Pleco2 and act as voice recorder and MP3 player.

chao-ren

进士
The only qualms I have about the I-mate is:- is it reliable? Will it last another year after warranty..? It's so cheap. I mean if you were in China or frequently going in, you could buy a sim card for less than ¥100 RMB.(spare phone just for receiving SMS messages because of the big screen ) The i-mate is only around ¥900 RMB! wow... If it lasts 2 years it just too incredible to imagine :D

@fourwinds - just because it has a phone capability doesnt mean you have to use it :)

Yeah, the imate isnt perfect but (apart from some initial messing around) its been running fine for the month since I bought it. Yeah, there is no warranty so you could be really unlucky and find it doesnt work after day zero.

But anyway, I'm really pleased I bought it (see my review in one of the other posts :) ) and hope it will last until next year when I plan to get something more fancy like an HTC Diamond!