Auto search messed up

Search used to automatically detect Chinese/English & the toggle button would switch through C/E full-search.

I installed a few foreign language dictionaries and now the search function seems to have gone arwy.

I can't tell if any settings have been changed or not.

Any ideas?

Shun

状元
Hi,

in Settings > Manage Dictionary Groups, the basic four dictionary groups can't be deleted. For example, the "[C] All Chinese Dicts" group should look like this to work:

IMG_1329.PNG

This needs to be set for it to work, as well:

IMG_1330.PNG

I think that's all that needs to be set.

Regards, Shun

Hi,

in Settings > Manage Dictionary Groups, the basic four dictionary groups can't be deleted. For example, the "[C] All Chinese Dicts" group should look like this to work:

View attachment 2138

This needs to be set for it to work, as well:

View attachment 2139

I think that's all that needs to be set.

Regards, Shun

Seems like it should be fine but it isn't working like it used to. I'm getting "No Results Found" now, whereas before (I might be imagining things, but I hope not) it would automatically detect language & if there was nothing appropriate it would automatically run full-text searches.

I can manually toggle and that seems to be fine but it's missing that original automatic aspect.

Shun

状元
In this case, I would back up the settings and write them down, then reset to factory defaults and enable the settings again in groups of 5, checking the auto search functionality in between.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Could you send me a backup of your settings + history? Can try to figure this out from that.