Any non-qwerty smartphones?

zj

秀才
Has anyone seen any traditional input, non-qwerty keyboards on a decent smartphone? I haven't, but would love to find one assuming it still has windows mobile and stylus.

Shadowdh

状元
I was looking at the asus p525 and now there is a new one coming out in october... the p750... I am sure there are others...

zj

秀才
thanks, looks like a great phone. love the numeric keypad. i'll see if i can find one

zj

秀才
The Asus P525 looks great, but I think it's a little bit out of my price range, especially when some other suitable qwerty phones are quite a bit cheaper. I can't afford so much just for a little extra convenience. I was really excited when I found a number of Dopod phones that had numeric keypads and windows mobile, but alas they either had no touchscreen or they had windows mobile 6.0

i think i'll go back to looking at treos

thanks for the help

Nob

秀才
I am afraid, even if you get a non quertz phone, the pinyin input will be based on qwertz. Most of the querty devices I know do not support chinese input. :?

zj

秀才
The easiest Pinyin input software I have used was on my old Sony Ericsson K700c, easier for me than the pinyin input on my Nokia e62's qwerty keyboard. Sony's software seemed to use more logical predictive input than Nokia. I just bought a Palm Treo 650 to put pleco on. So i settled for a full qwerty keyboard. I also looked at a Dopod 838, but decided the slide out keyboard was just too cumbersome for me.

ldolse

状元
I started using ZTA4 for Pinyin input, though it also seems to support bopomofo and t9 styles as well. It walks all over CE-Star. (much better prediction, learns, and allows you to enter just the first pinyin characters of phrases for faster entry)

Oh, and it's free too:
http://www.a4user.com/A4_down_sip.asp