Advice and guidelines on upgrading to iOS 7/Pleco 3.0

Hi,

As a user of Pleco of a certain age and with little knowledge about computing, I would appreciate your advice and suggestions on upgrading to iOS 7 and Pleco 3.0. Should I first backup my iPad to the PC through iTunes? Will the files and dictionaries (including user's dictionaries) that I now have in Pleco be available in Pleco 3.0? How reliable is it to make a back up through iCloud (I read somewhere that data can get corrupted in the process of uploading and downloading them)?

Thank you in advance. Any comments will be most welcome.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Everything should transfer over pretty smoothly - the flashcard and user dictionary formats haven't changed at all, the non-user dictionaries have been updated but you'll get a prompt to download new versions of them the first time you run 3.0 (and can also update later via the "Add-ons" tab) and in the meantime the old ones will still work but just be relatively slow / use the same old ugly formatting.

It might be worth backing up your flashcards in any case, though - see http://www.pleco.com/ipmanual/flash.html#backup for instructions on that.