3.2.2 Flascard no female audio pronunciation for some cards

etm001

状元
Hello,

I upgraded to v3.2.2 and noticed that the female audio pronunciation does not work for some cards; the iOS default audio pronunciation is used instead. So far the male audio works fine. I force quit the app but that did not make a difference. This is on iOS 8.1, iPad 3.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Turn off the "use TTS if no recording" option in Settings / Audio - in 3.2.2 we made the TTS fallback work for iOS' system audio too (though we probably should have made that option stay off by default for people who didn't own the paid female TTS add-on).

etm001

状元
I'm confused. I have the basic and extended audio add-ons installed, both male and female. (I haven't puchased the sentence/document TTS). There's a recording for the male but not the female - I can't ever think of a time where one voice would have a recording but not the other? In the pool of ~150 cards I just studied it happened ~5 times (each time the male audio was OK).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Any chance the extended female audio database might have gone missing? And is that "use TTS if no recording" option actually turned off?