3.2.10 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

Shun

状元
Hi,

I've got a small bug report. Adding a flashcard in the Document Reader, if I tap the "+ with a dotted square border around it", the flashcard is added to the default category, but the icon doesn't change to "+ with a square border around it" most of the time. There is also no confirmation message. The icon does change if I tap on a "+ with no border around it". I have "Duplicate (non cat)" set to "Add + update" in the Flashcards Settings.

Regards, Shun

Last edited:

Shun

状元
Ah yes, paginated text. I tried completely quitting and re-opening Pleco, but that didn't help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... which dictionary are you adding from? And is there any chance you might have more than one flashcard for that same word? The "add + update" could be mucking things up if it updates the card text so that it no longer matches the card it was originally looking at.

Shun

状元
I am adding mostly from HanDeDict. The thing is, if I tap the same word that didn't change the "+" into a full border "+" again, it will have the full border. So it might not do the update of the "+" at the very end of the operation, or something.

Another bug that I've seen sometimes:
image.png
I.e., 战〔戰-〕instead of 战〔戰〕. When I click the entry it displays correctly:
image.png

Alexis

状元
Hi Mike,

Would it be possible to display more verbose dictionary names when you press and hold on the language field to the right of the search field? I haven't yet memorized the acronyms with all of the dictionaries :)

IMG_0290.PNG

ABC & MOE seem to have a simplified (read: analogically simplified) character for 輶 in 輶轩 but it doesn't display when user searches 輶轩 it just reveals 轩 [輶轩] (if settings are simp[trad], naturally).

It seems GH can display this character though, searching 'youxuan' pinyin get's a hit pretty easily.

Perhaps ABC and MOE are using PUA and GH is using (unicode: 2CA0E) being slightly newer and all...(?)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Actually all three are using PUA, GH just came with 造字 images we could embed while the others didn't. ABC seems to have just been updated a few months ago with the new Extension E codes for this and about a dozen other characters, so we'll push that update out soon along with an Ext-E update to our Extended Font.

Shun

状元
Hi Mike,

a minor UI bug: In Settings > Colors > Tone Colors, if I have „Color headwords by tone“ turned off and „Tint headwords (like examples)“ turned on, headwords are still colored by tone, i.e. differently for each tone.

Regards, Shun

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yep, that's a known one - can be worked around by setting all of your tone colors to your Pleco tint color.

Alexis

状元
Hi Mike,

Could we have an option to specify a dictionary group for the reader definition popup? With all the dictionaries I have installed, I sometime get overly aggresive "long matches" for multi-character words (ie. in the HDC) when in fact the single character meaning would be more appropriate.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can turn off specific dictionaries for the reader in Manage Dictionaries - turn off 'use in reader' in the dictionary's detail page. We do eventually want to do this through groups though.

Alexis

状元
Possible bug: Turning off "use in reader" also turns off that dictionary in the pop-up definition when you click on a character in the dictionary.