3.1.0 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

Sinotrope

Hello: FYI, Pleco application crashes and quits when trying to send my ID by Email (in Menu=>Registration=> Email ID).
I have the latest Pleco version 3.1.0 on iPhone 3GS with ios v6.1.3.

Shun

状元
Sorry to harp on this, but with the Night Mode colors set like this, the (X) isn't visible at all. I know, I'm a perfectionist. :)

image.jpg

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sinotrope - is email sending enabled on your iPhone? (through the regular Mail app?)

afritzse - turn off "tint toolbars"; meaningless here anyway (since you've kept them black) but we use the lighter version of the close button when you do.

Shun

状元
afritzse - turn off "tint toolbars"; meaningless here anyway (since you've kept them black) but we use the lighter version of the close button when you do.

But then I can't set the "Item tint color" which I've set to blue. Anyhow, I like that I can change the colors at all, beginning users usually don't touch these settings anyway, so this problem only concerns some users.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah - yeah, design-wise the only reason we have 'item tint color' in our otherwise highly minimalist set of color settings is in case your regular tint color clashes with your toolbar color.

etm001

状元
Hi,

I can't copy flashcards from one category to another.
  1. Navigate to source category, tap "Edit".
  2. Tap "All" to select all cards.
  3. Tap "Copy". Select destination category from pop-up list.
I do see the "Working" notification appear briefly, but no cards were copied to the destination category. I've tried different combinations of cards/categories and I also quit/restarted Pleco with no success. This is on iPad 3/iOS 7.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Already reported a few times - we fixed it in the 3.1.1 update that we submitted Monday but we're still waiting for Apple to approve it; in the meantime you can also move cards around via the Batch screen.

@afritze, @JD - thanks for digging around there on the Apple forums. I like to have the home button on the LHS in landscape mode which is how I usually use Pleco on my iPad. Turning it 180deg resolves the issue.

Last edited:

Shun

状元
@afritze - thanks for digging around there on the Apple forums. I like to have the home button on the LHS in landscape mode which is how I usually use Pleco on my iPad. Turning it 180deg resolves the issue.

You're welcome. It was a team effort. :)

etm001

状元
In the flashcard module, when I select to view example sentences using the current flashcard's word, the example sentences are in simplified Chinese, even though I have traditional Chinese enabled in Pleco settings. This problem does not occur when viewing sample sentences when looking up words in a dictionary.

ettocaj33

Hi there,
Today, I was having problems with Pleco freezing... every time I write a word starting with an e it freezes even before I enter a second letter (unless I am faster than my own shadow)! Has anyone had this problem yet? What's the solution???
Thanks for your answers/hints.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, that one's news to us - what model of device and what version of iOS are you using? Which dictionary add-ons have you installed? Have you created any user dictionaries? Are you using the most up-to-date versions of your built-in dictionaries? (check the "Updates" tab in Add-ons)

ettocaj33

Thanks for your quick reply. I use an iPad2 with iOS 7.0.4 that is up to date. Besides the English dictionary I have also the Chinese-French dict. I have not created a "user dictionary" as for the most up-to-date version of the built-in dictionary... I have no idea. When I look in the Add-ons Updates, it shows CFDICT Chinese-French Dict. may be that's one update I should download???
However, the problem mentioned in my first message, I noticed just today... but I don't use Pleco every day - therefore it is hard to say when it started.

Shun

状元
Possible database issue: The square dotted border around the "+" symbol doesn't appear if I have more than one custom card of the same word & pinyin in other categories.

Last edited:
Not sure how to exactly describe this but I noticed it in 3.0.0 as well: after using Pleco for a while (esp. if I shift back and forth from "Organize Flashcards/Uncategorized" section to Dictionary, it seems), Pleco kind of "speeds up". I.e., its reaction time becomes almost instantaneous when you tap on any items on the screen as opposed to the usual iOS 7-like reaction time which takes a fraction of a second to open sth when you tap on it. Just thought it was a funny bug.