3.0.0 Flashcard Session Problem

Quint

After updating to the newest version Pleco (3.0.0) a few weeks ago, I started noticing a new problem with the flashcards.

Oftentimes, when I am in the middle of a flashcard session (I have not completed it or hit 'exit session' yet), I decide to use the sidebar to switch to 'Search' to look up a troublesome word before I continue with the rest of the session. If I switch back to the flashcard option after a couple of minutes to continue the session in progress (again using the sidebar), it forgets that I have a session in progress and prompts me to begin a new session. This is very annoying, as it prevents me from reviewing the cards I got incorrect up to that point in the (now previous) session. I don't even know if it saved the review data for those cards.

Also, this does not always happen if I switch from 'search' back to flashcard testing immediately. The problem only comes up if there is a delay after switching away from the flashcard test in progress. The problem also comes up if I close out Pleco while a flashcard test is still in progress.

It did not have this problem before the update.

Is this a bug, or is there something that I need to change in my settings to fix the flashcard session discontinuity?

Ipod Touch 4, iOS 6.1.5, model MC540LL/A

Last edited:

dcarpent

榜眼
This sounds like the same problem that I've been having. After leaving a flashcard session incomplete for some time and coming back and finishing it, instead of returning to the normal screen to create a new flashcard session, I get prompted for a "New Test" (with a mostly blank screen: "New Test" at the top, that "Start" on a separate grey bar, then "Begin Test Session" on a light grey bar, and nothing below, just a blank screen). When I tap "Begin Test Session" the flashcards that I have just finished reviewing are all shown to me again, and if I had never reviewed the stack. I have to rapidly click though all the cards to get back to a normal "New Test" screen that allows me to select a profile, Basic Settings, etc.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier - anyway it's a known bug and should be fixed in 3.0.1.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Haven't submitted yet, they were on vacation for the week (not even accepting submissions). And in general we're trying to address some of the UI complaints in this version too (since those seem to be a bigger deal for people than any actual bugs).