2.2.11 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
scykei said:
iPad 3 iOS 6 (Although it never worked on iOS 5 either)
Latest Pleco running 2.2.11.

So I'm the only one getting this? I've decided to record a video of this. The best thing I had for recording video was an iPod Touch 4 so the quality wouldn't be too great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bNtDAPexf0

OK, finally found the problem - you saved these files on a computer running an old Chinese-localized copy of Windows, right? It looks like the filenames are encoded in GB instead of Unicode and iOS is consequently refusing to unpack them - since we already submitted our 2.2.12 bug-fix update and this isn't what we'd consider a major bug, we won't be able to fix this until our next update, but you can work around the problem by naming the files in Pinyin instead of in characters, or by using a computer with a Unicode-friendly OS to pack the files.

radioman said:
The approach I was envisioning was more or less a hack, just an external option listed in the user manual or on a website. If someone wanted to set up the shortcuts on their own using Safari, they could do so. (perhaps some way to just download the links on some external site). They would need to put in the links and then save them to the springboard.

Yes, but the problem then is that not very many people would use it - a year of continuous apologizing-for-everything-taking-so-long has hardened me against feature requests that aren't likely to see widespread use, so items like this that involve a non-trivial amount of work and are only likely to help a few customers have a hard time making it into our plans.