10 words a day

Kris

秀才
Hey Mike,
I have recently come across this app called "easy ten". The concept is easy. It prepares ten new words for you to learn each day and by sending you messages on your screen reminding you of the words themselves, you'll stay up to date on the vokabulary throughout the day. Could't Pleco also integrate such a feature? Of course this is no substitute for a normal test, but it can be seen as an extension towards more user-friendliness, imho.

Cheers!

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We certainly could, I'm just uncertain whether enough people would use this for it to be worth our while. The impression I get is that most people find reminders like that kind of annoying; feels like we're spamming you, maybe because a lot of other apps - F2P games, e.g. - actually do spam people that way.

Kris

秀才
I surely understand your concers on this. As for me I'd find it useful, but I can't speak on other's behalf. As such an option could be turned off and it's parameters be altered, people should have no reason to get annoyed by it. In the end I don't know how much effort it'd take for you to implement a reminder option. Looking forward to version 4.0, though.