崚嶒
léngcéng
V.P. <wr.> steep; rugged

but

the 汉语大詞典 gives
崚嶒
líng céng
(1) 高耸突兀 etc.

Can't find 崚 = ling (or leng) as a standalone entry in any of Pleco's dicts...

Source: 《山石谱》“玉骨崚嶒尘不染...”

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Might be a historical pronunciation - Grand Ricci lists both. We'll add it to our list of things to investigate, thanks.

However, the real HYDCD doesn't actually include Pinyin - where are you getting this reading from?

chinapete

Might be a historical pronunciation - Grand Ricci lists both. We'll add it to our list of things to investigate, thanks.

However, the real HYDCD doesn't actually include Pinyin - where are you getting this reading from?

Hi Mike, what's the emoticon for "sheepish reply"? :)

I grabbed "ling" from an online alleged HYDCD ... But I have a feeling "ling" is in the cognate set, and was surprised to see "leng" in the Pleco dicts, so I thought I'd ask ...

By the way, wasn't there once upon a time a thread dedicated to recording perceived "errors" in dictionary entries? I didn't want to post one off, but couldn't find that thread...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Checking in detail it looks like they do list ling2 as a pronunciation for 崚, they just don't attest to a pronunciation for 崚嶒.

We mostly take error reports by email now, there are just too many to make a forum thread for them (nobody would be able to check through it all) - entryfeedback@pleco.com or you can use the in-app options for sending feedback.